Ceramic Water Filters
Easy to maintain, easy to use and attractive to have in your house or office.
Simply add tap water to the top half of the ceramic stand, and wait for it to drip through the Doulton ceramic filter candle, providing the great tasting, pure water collected in the bottom half.
Water passes through the purifying candle (ceramic filter) to be made safe in three ways:
- The outer micro-porous ceramic wall screens the water down to one micron to remove up to 99.8% of bacteria and suspended solids such as aluminium, lead, copper, iron, manganese, chloroform, chlordane (q & a) dieldrine, heptachlor, lindane, bromoform, trichloroethane, dibromochloromethane and dichloro bromo-methane.
- The water passes through the inner core of activated charcoal which remove chlorine, ammonia and bad tastes and odours.
- A small (and necessary) amount of dissolved minerals and active biocide is left in the water to prevent any possible contamination.
The ceramic filters, or 'candles', should be replaced every six months depending on original water quality and water consumption).
The gravity filter consists of two vessels. The upper container is filled with raw water which then filters through the ceramic candles. Safe, cool, filtered water then collects in the lower chamber, to be drawn off from the spigot.
- Ideal for home, apartment, cottage, office, or as a practical gift for you or someone special.
- Reduces up to 99% of dissolved lead, iron and hydrogen sulfides. Exclusive silver/ceramic/carbon-block technology reduces >99.99% of particles 1/2 micron (absolute ANSI standard) and larger in size including pathogenic bacteria.
- Reduces asbestos fibers, dirt, chlorine taste and odour, mold, spores, algae and removes 100% Cryptosporidium and Giardia
The Ceramic Filter Candle is the working heart of the purifier, with a natural construction of ceramic and charcoal, filtering out and removing from the water an enviable list of chemicals, suspended solids and a number of bacteria. Keeping the candle clean is essential to the efficiency of the filtering, and the candle should be cleaned regularly and replaced approximately every six months, depending on the cleanliness of the local water and the usage of the unit.
Download the brochure for the UltraCeram® 5” Imperial Gravity Candle 5” Imperial Gravity Candle
Southern Cross Pottery offers various types of water purifiers, filters, taps and water coolers
- Fluoride water purifiers
- Stoneware water purifiers
- Ceramic water purifiers
- Clay water purifiers
- as well as water coolers & other types of water filters.